What you NEED to know about this nursery:
- Buy used! All of the pieces in this nursery can easily be found at garage sales, used furniture stores, thrift stores, craigslist, etc.
- Check your own storage or basement to find uses for items that you have retired.
- Find second uses for things - dresser as changing table, media center as armoire.
- Reusing items can bring history and sentiment into the space.
- With items that are frequently recalled (such as a crib) do your research before buying used.
- Oops - I called the "rocking horse" a "rocking chair." Pregnancy brain.
- Don't fall into the you need everything to match trap. An eclectic mix of furniture can be aesthetically pleasing when matched with the right accessories.
- Design a room that your child can grow into so you are not pressured to redesign when your child gets older. For instance, the crib we purchased converts to a headboard so our son can use it later in life.
How have you used green design in your child's room?